2013: “100 Years Under the Income Tax”
Read the articles from the symposium.
On April 5, 2013, the Tax Program at Northwestern and Northwestern University Law Review held a symposium on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the adoption of the income tax.
Expectations: The motivation and rhetoric behind the federal income tax
- Professor Robin Einhorn
- Professor Erik Jensen
- Professor Marjorie E. Kornhauser
- Moderator: Dr. Joe Thorndike
Realities: How has the structure of the income tax evolved?
- Professor Anuj C. Desai
- Professor Henry Ordower
- Professor Tracey M. Roberts
- Moderator: Professor Robert Peroni
Complications in implementation and some unintended consequences
- Professor Stephanie McMahon
- Professor Brian Galle
- Moderator: Professor David Cameron
The Past and the Future: A focus on corporate taxation
- Professor Adam Rosenzweig
- Professor Stephanie Hoffer
- Professor Dale Oesterle
- Moderator: Jeffrey Sheffield, Lecturer, NULS Tax Program and Kirkland & Ellis